Translate

PCTools | AL. Powered by Blogger.

­

­

2/15/14

Making of The City Above the Sky

by ADM  |  in Photoshop at  2/15/2014

city above sky

Hi guys, my name is Joao Marcos Britto and I'm a creative retoucher from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I want to give you an overall idea of how I composed a personal image called The City Above The Sky.
I wanted to make a scene where I had a just the peak of some skyscrapers standing out above the clouds along with some other elements. I was aiming for a stylized look.
I started with a base plate from New York City. I choose that particular photo because of the light direction matched with what I had in mind.
img1

I duplicated the image and sampled a color from the sky. So I start to paint over the city. I used a little bit of the clone tool as well.
image

Next, I took some photos shot from above the sky and placed above my city. I played a little bit with the 'blend if' controls so I could get a little bit of transparency from the clouds without having to make a mask.

sky

blend
I went back to my original plate and, using the pen tool, I cut out some buildings and place it above the clouds. I corrected the color and contrast to match the atmosphere.

sky

0 comments:

Sheno Koment Rreth Postimit.

Facebook Fann Page

­

­
All Rights Reserved by Pctools.